Here at Pinewood Veterinary Practice we take the protection of your personal information very seriously.
Here is what information we keep (and why) and who we share that information with.
What information we collect and why
- Name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses-this is to allow us to REGISTER you to make appointments, process fees, contact you re your pet/account either face to face/over the telephone/via email/via our website
- Information for health plans (as in 1). If you choose to pay for the Pet Healthcare Plans by Direct Debit then your bank details will also be collected in order for payments to be collected.
- Your information is used to help us deliver a secure and safe service.
Who we share information with and why
- Your pet insurance company
- Other veterinary practices that you may have transferred to including specialist referral centres/professionals
- Leyland Pet Crematorium for identification purposes
- Premier Pet Healthcare Alliance if you have purchased a Care Plan
- External debt collection agencies
- Indemnity insurers in the event of a claim made against us
- Our regularity body in the event of a complaint made against us or a registered employee
How we protect your information
- Encryption of our systems to protect your personal information.
- By keeping your personal information up to date-you can help us by advising of any changes.
- Having strict security procedures for storage and disclosure of your information to prevent unauthorised access.
Whilst we take all precautions to protect your information, the internet is not completely secure and any data transmitted through the website is at your own risk
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes
- If we intend to use your information for marketing purposes we will gain your express consent
- You have the right to request a copy of all the information we hold about you, this must be made in writing and we will respond no later than 30 days after the request
- You have the right to request your information is deleted or amended if incorrect
Internet and social media
We occasionally post links to informative articles and other websites on our website and social media. However we cannot guarantee the safety of such.
Occasionally we will ask your permission to post photos/articles relating to your pet. We would never do this without your express permission and no identifying details would ever be included unless at your specific request eg in the event your pet has gone missing.
If you contact us through Facebook, we will not share any information provided but cannot guarantee the safety of that information and is done so at your own risk.